Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Anti-American Priest Sounds Off Again

Renato Martino, an Italian priest, takes issue with the US building a fence between the US and Mexican border. He insults every American by comparing this with the Berlin Wall.

Excuse me? How hypocritical! I was recently in Rome and the largest wall I've ever seen is right there in the Vatican. Why have that wall? Is someone trying to invade the Vatican? Are people trying to live there? I also remember the Vatican having some ridiculous hours, something like 9am-3pm. If this guy's so in favor of open borders, why is the Vatican only open 6 hours/day? As far as I know, most of the US border is virtually open 24 hours/day.

I'm not insulting the church or the Catholic religion, but rather one man who is obviously blinded by the hate he has for all American people. He should be ashamed and embarrassed to have such hate, especially being in his position.

If you've heard of this guy before, it was most likely the day Saddam was captured, when he criticized the US for the ungodly torture of checking his teeth for cavities and his hair for mites.