Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Republican Debate Thoughts

It's been a long while since I last posted, so I figured I would offer a quick thought on the first two Republican debates. The first one, moderated by MSNBC a few weeks ago, was by far the most pathetic, laughable debate I had ever seen (in terms of idiotic questions).

The debate tonight hosted by Fox was perhaps the best coordinated and moderated debate I had ever seen. It offered insightful, tailored questions and an opportunity for everyone to differentiate themselves (at least to some extent).

The best line of the night: "Congress spends money like John Edwards in a beauty shop." - Mike Huckabee

Ron Paul? Join the Democratic party - your attitude on the war makes you sound like one.

But I think Mitt Romney is the horse to beat in 2008. Great stuff overall.

PS - The debate poll offered by Fox by calling in and "voting for who you thought won" was clearly bastardized by Democrats, who must have pre-determined that they would skew the results; hence Ron Paul's significant showing. I think these polls are silly anyway, so they should be ignored.