Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bush Rocks the Palace in Prague

Bush spoke to a bunch of dissidents in Prague yesterday about democracy and freedom. The dissidents at the Democracy and Security Conference claimed he was the first president ever to travel half to the globe to come and be with a group of political dissidents. Thanks to Gateway Pundit.

It looks like a pretty good speech. Say what you want about the man, but he loves freedom - and that's one thing he can't be faulted for.

I especially like the last couple of lines:

In my second inaugural address, I pledged America to the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world. Some have said that qualifies me as a "dissident president." If standing for liberty in the world makes me a dissident, I wear that title with pride. (Applause.)


Most likely the msm was more interested in the 100 or so protesters outside, rather than what was actually said inside.