Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fox Bias Towards McCain?

Watching FoxNews election returns, I couldn't help notice the disparaging remarks from all the hosts towards Mitt Romney and the presumption of McCain's nomination. Perhaps it's common sense judging by the probabilities at this point. But I was surprised that Fred Barnes and Bill Kristol are so dismissive of even waiting for the night to unfold. For example, Kristol said, "Romney can't win with him only winning 3 primaries tonight." Brit Hume had to correct Kristol, saying, "...assuming he doesn't win any more..." Barnes then chimed in with, "Romney has only won 2 states tonight..."

I am a Romney supporter so I too might be a bit biased. But as I type, Romney has already won 6 states (MA, UT, ND, MT, MN, CO) with a few others as possible (CA, AK). Would that make him a frontrunner? Of course not. But it's also a far stretch from only winning 2 or 3 states tonight.

I expected this from the MSM, but not from Fox. I guess everyone has a lead horse and it's easy to see whose theirs is (except for Brit Hume, who is excellent as usual).