Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Newt Gingrich Rationale for Ad with Pelosi

Newt Gingrich has recently appeared in a tv ad with Nancy Pelosi discussing the importance climate change. Newt has now addressed why he did it (below the comments on the pope).

First of all, I want to be clear: I don't think that we have conclusive proof of global warming. And I don't think we have conclusive proof that humans are at the center of it.

But here's what we do know. There is an important debate going on right now over the right energy policy, the right environmental policy, and making sure we do the right things for our future and the future of our children and grandchildren. Conservatives are missing from this debate, and I think that's a mistake. When it comes to preserving our environment for future generations, we can't have a slogan of "Just yell no!"


Hmm. I think it's a reasonable position, but I disagree. The American public is already accused of being like Holocaust deniers if it dares question the Global Warming premise. And I don't think Newt's appearance helps that perception at all. In fact, it seems to further stifle any debate about whether the premise is valid.