Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rush Limbaugh Excels at CPAC

I had a chance to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington DC today. Rush Limbaugh delivered the final speech of the conference and it brought the house down. I don't think I'm overstating it by saying it was one of the best speeches I've ever heard in my life related to the meaning and defense of conservatism.

I would normally post a few memorable lines but the whole speech was tremendous. It was approximately one hour long but is well worth watching. It will soon be posted on rushlimbaugh.com. Here is the transcript and video link. Again, well worth it - he articulates a summary of the value of conservatism and the dangers of liberalism better than anyone I have ever heard.

Gateway Pundit has a couple of highlights and seems to agree that it was a fantastic speech.

*Update*
Left-wing CNN journalist Bill Schneider said that Rush's speech represented "angry white men" and was full of contempt. Hmm...let's say that a FoxNews journalist called an Obama, Sharpton or Rangel speech a "representation of angry black men" full of contempt and bullying. I wonder what would happen.