Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Buffett Slams Obama

There are plenty of things about Buffett that I admire, and plenty that I disagree with. One thing which I have disagreed with was his staunch support of Barack Obama. It sounds like Buffett is beginning to have second thoughts about this as well. Here's what the sage of Omaha said on CNBC:

you can't expect people to unite behind you if you're trying to jam a whole bunch of things down their throat. So I would--I would absolutely say for the--for the interim, till we get this one solved, I would not be pushing a lot of things that are--you know are contentious, and I also--I also would do no finger-pointing whatsoever. I would--you know, I would not say, you know, `George'--`the previous administration got us into this.' Forget it. I mean, you know, the Navy made a mistake at Pearl Harbor and had too many ships there. But the idea that we'd spend our time after that, you know, pointing fingers at the Navy, we needed the Navy. So I would--I would--I would--no finger-pointing, no vengeance, none of that stuff. Just look forward.

I don't think anybody on December 7th would have said a `war is a terrible thing to waste, and therefore we're going to try and ram through a whole bunch of things and--but we expect to--expect the other party to unite behind us on the--on the big problem.' It's just a mistake, I think.

Will Obama choose to listen to any of his well-publicized advisors? Or will he continue to play the "umm.. I inherited this, so don't blame me" game and continue to try to ram through his radical agenda? Stay tuned.