Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Friday, March 06, 2009

Even Whoopi Goldberg "Mad as Hell" About Higher Taxes

Whoopi Goldberg, in a conversation with Elizabeth Hasslebeck on The View, said this morning that she is fed up with the higher taxes that are hitting her:

GOLDBERG: You remember that movie Network? If you are just fed up, at some point, just lean out your window (laughter) and scream, "I'm mad as hell," 'cause that's what's happening to me. I'm losing my mind, because I don't understand why -- like they -- one of the things that I saw recently, they have this whole thing about taxing "the wealthy." Okay. Now, I don't mind that. I don't mind paying a little more tax 'cause I make a good living.

HASSELBECK: Sure.

GOLDBERG: But I don't want to get it coming and going. I don't want to get the federal raised and then the state raised and then the phone tax raised and then the television tax raised --

HASSELBECK: City tax raised!

GOLDBERG: -- and then the city tax. Back off me!

Just wait, Whoopi - you ain' t seen nothin' yet.