Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Obama's Definition of Health Insurance

Obama/Pelosi/Reid's complete and total abuse of power and willful destruction of the U.S. as we know it is based on Obama's view of what insurance is supposed to be. From Holman Jenkins of the WSJ:


Self-evidently idiotic, he [Obama] indicated at the summit, is the idea that health insurance might go back to being "the equivalent of Acme Insurance that I had for my car. . . . It's basically not health insurance. It's house insurance. . . .

"I'm buying that to protect me from some catastrophic situation; otherwise, I'm just paying out of pocket. I don't go to the doctor. I don't get preventive care. There are a whole bunch of things I just do without. But if I get hit by a truck, maybe I don't go bankrupt."

We won't unpack the assumptions in this rant: That the affluent, educated beneficiaries of this tax loophole aren't capable of spending wisely on their own health care.

And health care costs are somehow going to remain low with this view?