Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Republicans Over Democrats, 48%-36%

I'm beginning to think November could be very big for Republicans. The generic Rasmussen poll gives Republicans the largest lead they've had since Obama's presidency started. This is a step in the right direction, but there are several reasons I'm not overly excited:

1. Two and a half months is a long time and a lot can change

2. Just because someone calls themself a Republican, doesn't reveal what they stand for

3. Even if Republicans gain control of the house and the senate, then what? I don't know what the group, as a whole, is proposing. Yes, if Republicans win back congress, it stops Obama from sending the country down the drain, and that's a good thing. But what will happen? Will healthcare reform be repealed? Will tax cuts be extended? Will spending cuts happen? We really don't know.

4. My belief is that the worst still could be in front of us for the economy. If this happens, and republicans are in control, they will take the blame for the non-recovery.

Don't get me wrong. Obama has been and will continue to be one of the worst things ever to happen to the USA. So if Republicans win and total meltdown can be avoided, that's a good thing. But I still haven't heard much from most Republicans as to what they want to do, and will do, if they are elected. If there were a few more Chris Christies out there, I'd feel a little better but I'm not hearing anything yet. Change will be good in November but the question is how good?