Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Monday, March 07, 2005

Trump Stomps on Dan Rather's Grave

As if Dan Rather didn't already do enough damage to his reputation, Donald Trump was the latest to rip the CBS anchor on Fox News Sunday yesterday. You can view the whole transcript here. Trump excoriates Rather not only for memogate, but for his poor performance generally.
Trump: And I've never understood how he stays in position so long. How does this guy stay in position when he always has the lowest ratings? I mean, he's had bad ratings for years. Now, this isn't just a new phenomena. Dan Rather has had the worst ratings for years, and he continues to go forward. So I never understood it.

Wallace: What do you think of the whole Bush memo-gate?


Trump: Well, I think it was disgusting the way it was handled by Dan Rather. And I don't know why they're firing other people. He was the head of it, so why aren't they firing Dan Rather? But I guess they want to let him go gracefully...I would have fired him a long time ago.