Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Thursday, April 21, 2005

NewsMax: "The Used Vacuum Salesman"

Hundred percenter has an interesting post on the spam coming from the Newsmax site being mailed to its users. While I usually subscribe to the policy of "caveat emptor," there are also truth-in-advertising laws to which companies are responsible. And a website operator should have some idea what the spammers are selling.

His post brings up another question for me: how many people bother clicking on some of those Blogads, which seems to be standard fare these days? And all the ads are identical - one can either buy some Iraqi dinars, buy a t-shirt from an attractive female, or perhaps get a subscription to OpinionJournal. (I don't blog for money, so I think advertising just clutters up the site, but even if I did use ads someday - it's time for a little originality, bloggers.)