Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

More From the Instapundit on Newsweek

I have to admit that I haven't quoted much from Glenn Reynolds recently, but he's got some more good stuff on Newsweek's treachery:
I want to add that I don't think there's anything immoral about flushing a Koran (or a Bible) down the toilet, assuming you've got a toilet that's up to that rather daunting task, and I think it's amusing to hear people who usually worry about excessive concern for religious beliefs suddenly taking a different position. Nor do I think that doing so counts as torture...

And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be willing to apply the same kind of criticism to things like Piss Christ, or to explain why offending the sensibilities of one kind of religious believer is "art" while doing the same in another context is "torture." If, that is, they want to be taken at all seriously.