Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Monday, May 16, 2005

Howard Dean Rips Delay

I'm trying to remember the last time the Republican National Committee leader said something controversial or over the top. I'm sure it has happened in the past, but it seems that the Dems sink to new lows on a weekly basis.

The latest from Howard Dean on Tom DeLay at a Massachusetts state party convention, according to the Boston Globe: Tom DeLay ‘’ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence."

Barney Frank came to Delay's defense, saying that Dean was over the top: "I think Howard Dean was out of line talking about DeLay. The man has not been indicted. I don’t like him, I disagree with some of what he does, but I don’t think you, in a political speech, talk about a man as a criminal or his jail sentence.”

The Hedgehog Report reminds us that this is the second time Frank has shown a little backbone - first with the Eason Jordan affair and now with Dean. Good for Barney.