Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Monday, January 30, 2006

Islamo-fascists Threaten Swedish Community

A muslim woman's editorial to the WSJ on why she has to leave Sweden. She says why. A few memorable quotes:

It's no longer the familiar place it used to be and, most importantly, I no longer feel safe in Tensta. The influence of Islamic fundamentalists has grown so much over the years that it is now impossible for me and my family to live there anymore. I'm tired of being expected to speak badly of Christians and Jews just because I'm Muslim. I'm tired of the hate preachers.

When you have seen Islamists throw acid in the faces of women because they don't wear head scarfs, then there is no room for compromise.

At the same time, though, we moderate Muslims know better than the rest of the population in Europe what type of threat Muslim fundamentalists are.