Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Sunday, September 03, 2006

RI, PA Senatorial Race Predictions

I saw the debate between PA Senate candidates Rick Santorum (R) and Bob Casey (D). Although Casey is supposedly ahead by roughly 8% in the polls, I believe that will change the more Santorum debates Casey. Although not a disaster, Casey showed himself to be a clear novice and could not offer any specifics about his policy stances. I predict Santorum keeps his seat.

I also saw Lincoln Chafee and Stephen Laffey's interviews on George Stephanopolous and was highly impressed with Laffey. I predict an upset in the Republican primary with Chafee losing his seat. Unfortunately, Republicans in Rhode Island are a really long shot to win the general election. Still, Chafee hasn't supported the GOP cause any more than most Democrats, so it doesn't really matter.