Site for Free Markets and Free People

Friday, February 20, 2009

Reaction to Rick Santelli

Rick Santelli of CNBC caused a stir yesterday by condemning Obama's bail-out-the-irresponsible mortgage plan on air. Judging by the reaction of CNBC's online poll, he struck a chord that is resonating with the American public. As of now, 93% of over 150,000 respondents agree with Santelli's sentiment. 93%! (I'm assuming the other 7% are members of the Obama administration and those households who are going to get their mortgages paid for.)

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter - 93% of Americans likely disagree with socialism too, but we're still going to get it.