Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Obama Declares One Year Plan in Afghanistan

What do you call it when a President decides to send over 30,000 soldiers to a war-zone and at the same time says he'll be bringing them back in a year? I don't get it. Is Obama saying that the US will have won the war in a year (is he declaring victory?)? Or is he simply telling the enemy: All I can stomach is one more year. My guess is he's not planning to annihilate the enemy in a year, being that he's won the Nobel Peace Prize and all.

What I don't understand is why he would tell the enemy about his super long-term plan of one year.

One proud marine father said it best:

If I were the enemy, I would hang back until 2011.


Of course. If you thought poorly of Obama and his handling of the economy, just wait til you see his military tactics...