Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Is Obama Unbeatable?

Pretty hard to write that headline, as the statement is ridiculous. That said, most democratic pundits and their right-hand men, the mainstream media, seem to be pushing that story, with the hopes that it will come true.

I was reminded of this last night as I was watching Fox and someone asked Democratic Fox contributor, Kirsten Powers, "Which candidate doesn't Obama want to run against?"

Powers responded:

"No one on the GOP list is keeping Obama up at night...it's such a weak field."

Wow! After the past 30 months, where Obama has made one mistake after another (after another after another), and the unemployment rate having risen from 6% to 9% since The Great One's election, I would have considered the President himself, a weak candidate. But that's how people perceive things now. People seem to be forgetting George H. W. Bush's 91% approval rating 20 months before the 1992 election and how he lost it. Things will be a little different for Obama as the media clearly will back him regardless.

But I also think the democratic punditry and Obama himself, might be under-estimating a few of these dark horses. After seeing the first GOP debate, I was actually impressed with 3 candidates: Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and Herman Cain. The only one who really turned me off was Pawlenty. And while I believe Ron Paul would make Obama's head spin in a debate, I still think Obama's biggest opponent might be himself.

I hope Obama goes into 2012 with that same "I AM UNBEATABLE" attitude that I have been seeing so much of over the past week. I believe, based upon what I've seen over the past three years, that he will. I also believe that this will be his downfall and that's what the rest of the country and I are counting on. A weak candidate who thinks he's great - what could be worse than that?