Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Baby Bonds: It's the Media's Fault

In yet another pathetic episode of a baseball slugger using the "victim" excuse, Barry Bonds blamed the media for his injury troubles and potentially missing the upcoming season.

"You guys wanted to hurt me bad enough...you finally got there...I'm tired of my kids crying. You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did," Bonds said. "You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person."

As a new form of media, I will make my apology: "Sorry, Barry for forcing you to take steroids; sorry for your lousy and completely uninspiring attitude; sorry your kids are crying because you might go to jail for lying under oath after doing illegal drugs."

Compare Bonds with someone like Tedi Bruschi of the New England Patriots - at the peak of his career, his playing days may be over after a stroke caused by a hole in his heart - and he doesn't utter a single word of pity. That's why Bruschi is a champion and Bonds is still a loser.