Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Clinton Unhinged

I'm looking forward to Bill Clinton's interview on FoxNews Sunday. Based on excerpts, the former President attempts to defend the "right-wing" critics who said he didn't do enough against terrorism:

"But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said when asked whether he had failed to fully anticipate bin Laden's danger. "They had eight months to try, they did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed."

Obviously, Clinton's "they" is the Bush Administration, which is ludicrous. When did Bush ever criticize anything about Clinton (despite every justification for doing so)? And this is the way Clinton repays Bush's extraordinary generosity. Besides, I think Clinton's 8 years of inaction in office speaks for itself - there's no point in trying to rewrite history.