Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Monday, September 29, 2008

Obama Says He Deserves Credit for Bill

Yes, Barack Obama thinks that he was the key figure in shaping the financial rescue bill.

"None of those [taxpayer protection provisions] were in the president's provisions. They are identical to the things I called for the day that (Treasury) Secretary (Henry) Paulson released his package," Obama said. "That I think is an indication of the degree to which when it comes to protecting taxpayers, I was pushing very hard and involved in shaping those provisions."

Asked during an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" whether McCain deserved credit for bringing lawmakers together, Obama said "no."

"Here are the facts: For two weeks I was on the phone everyday with Secretary Paulson and the congressional leaders making sure that the principles that have been ultimately adopted were incorporated in the bill," Obama said.


Hmm. Obama says that the bill should have some taxpayer protections (as did the entire Congress) and they are included in the bill. I guess that means it was all Obama's work. I don't know how anyone can believe a single work this guy says.