Bizblogger

Site for Free Markets and Free People

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Obama's Perma-Campaign Continues

So over the past couple of months, we've had the President go to Rio, then to Ireland, Europe, Puerto Rico, and now Michelle's in Africa visiting foreign leaders.

Could it be that these trips have nothing to do with actually accomplishing something internationally, and more to do with playing to the masses in the United States for the 2012 election? Call me cynical, but I think that's what it is.

Visiting Ireland was about pandering to Irish-Americans to win a few of their votes. Puerto Rico - same thing - possibly he's trying to win hispanic support in tough-to-win Florida. And now that African-American support continues to wane, he has to pander to them too.

I cringe when I think a President would stoop to these levels, but I think that's what he's doing. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the Obama I have observed over the past two and a half years.